Dale Walton "Todd" STEWART 1 2 3 4
- Born: 11 May 1909, Zanesville, Muskingum Co, OH 1 2 3
- Died: 31 Jan 1943, Los Angeles, Los Angeles Co, CA at age 33 3
- Buried: 9 Mar 1943, Holy Cross Cem, Los Angeles Co, CA
PHOTO: Contributed by Pamela Jill Moore
OH, BIRTH INDEX, 1908-1964:
NAME: Dale Stewart
BIRTH DATE: 11 May 1909
STATE FILE NUMBER: 1909040135
ADDITIONAL INFORMATION: Archer
1920 OH CENSUS, Muskingum Co, Zanesville, McIntire Childrens Home:
Dale W. Stewart, inmate, 10, attended school, b. OH, birthplace of parents unknown;
Glenn A. Stewart, inmate, 13, attended school, b. OH, birthplace of parents unknown.
BOYS INDUSTRIAL SCHOOL INMATES' CASE RECORDS, Vol. 32, Numbers 23801-24500, 1921-1922:
Name: Dale Steward
Received: Mar 7, 1922
From: Musk. County Juvenile Court
Birthplace: Zanesville, May 11, 1910
Religious faith: Prot.
Use tobacco: No
Father living: No
Mother living: No
Lived with: Homeless
Father: Thomas Stewart
Mother: Esther Stewart
Uncle: Azbury Archer, 261 Windemere Ave, Detroit, Mich.
Paroled: Apr 2, 1923
Discharge(? difficult to read): June 6, 1924
(submitted by Pamela Jill Moore.)
INFO FROM ROSE MARY STEWART JAMISON:
Dale's nickname was "Todd". Dale's uncle, Asberry Archer, who was single, was not allowed to foster or adopt Dale and his brother Glenn. Asberry signed papers for Dale to join the Merchant Marines when Dale was still a minor.
OFFICE OF THE WARDEN OF THE STATE PRISON, Deer Lodge, Montana, May 21, 1930:
1. That Stewart, Dale #9645, a Convict, was received at the penitentiary on the 20th day of May, 1930.
2. Age: 24 years.
3. Born in Zanesville State of Ohio.
4. Occupation: Seaman.
5. Complexion: Dark.
6. Height: 5 ft. 7-3/4 inches.
7. Weight: 142 lbs.
8. Convicted of Burglary in the 1st degree.
9. Sentenced May 15, 1930.
10. Term of sentence is 1 year.
11. Crime committed in Hardin town, Big Horn County.
12. Number of previous convictions in this or any other State: None admitted.
13. Where and by whom employed, previous to coming to Montana: Los Angeles & San Francisco, Calif. L.A. Steamship Co. as Fireman for 4-1/2 weeks on the Steamship Yale.
14. Date of arrival in Montana, and by whom employed, since arrival: May 1, 1930. No work.
15. If married, wife's address: Single.
16. Names & addresses of Parents: Dead. A. G. Archer, uncle. Detroit, Mich.
17. Health of convict, whether free from disease: Good.
18. Did you plead guilty? Yes or stand Trial? No
19. Was the sentence fixed by the jury, or by the court? Court.
20. War service: None.
21. Warden's Remarks: Mail in. Shoe size 8. Eyes, Brown. Hair, Dark Brown. Features, Regular. Tobacco, Yes. Education, High School. Religion, Catholic. Teeth, Fair.
DATA OF CHARGE: Burglarized the Hardin Grain & Elevator Co. and stole $15.00.
(Submitted by Pamela Jill Moore)
CA, DEATH INDEX, 1940-1997:
Name: Dale W Stewart
Birth Date: 11 May 1909
Birth Place: Ohio
Death Date: 31 Jan 1943
Death Place: Los Angeles
Mother's Maiden Name: Archer
Father's Surname: Stewart
CA DEATH CERTIFICATE:
Name: Dale W. Stewart
Birth Date: May 11, 1909
Birthplace: Zanesville, OH
Marital Status: Single
Industry or Business: unknown
Residence Place: Olive View Sanitarium, Los Angeles city, Los Angeles Co, CA
Death Date: Jan 31, 1943
Cause of Death: Suicide - arsenical poisoning from ingestion of ant paste
Death Place: L.A. Co. General Hospital, Los Angeles City, CA
Length of stay in hospital: 17 hrs 6 min
Age at Death: 33 yrs, 8 mo, 20 days
Marital Status: Married
Father: WIlliam Stewart
Mother: Esther Archer
Informant: Records L. A. Co Coroner
Funeral Director: L. A. General Hospital
Burial: Holy Cross Cemetery
Burial Date: March 9, 1943
(submitted by Pamela Jill Moore)